Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 14, 1881 Pat Garrett shot Billy the Kid

On this day in 1881, outlaw Sheriff Pat Garrett shot Billy the Kid to death in New Mexico.



BILLY THE KID (Wikipedia)

And here is one of my all time favorite songs, written by Bob Dylan specifically for the above movie about Billy the Kid. Knockin' on Heaven's Door. I have often felt like I have been knocking on heaven's door during the last 7 years, especially the moment I knealt by my dear Debbie's bedside as she breathed her last ... (Debbie's Journal). The song captures the feeling well, we will, everyone one of us, come to this moment at some point in our lives. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello professor, I too am a fan of that song. I found my way to Debbie's blog and I must say that your passionate love for her brought tears to my eyes. The devotion you both have is rare now-a-days and I am glad that you plan on sharing it with the world in your book.

Sincerely, your student,
Bianca Garcia