Saturday, July 6, 2013

John Lennon and Paul McCartney meet for the first time in 1957

On July 6, 1967, 16-year-old John Lennon met 15-year-old Paul McCartney for the first time in Liverpool. I wish I could have been there, but I was only 6, and lived on a farm in Ohio. Also, I really didn't have much musical talent, although I tried, lol.

In Paul's words:
I remember coming into the fete and seeing all the sideshows. And also hearing all this great music wafting in from this little Tannoy system. It was John and the band.
I remember I was amazed and thought, 'Oh great', because I was obviously into the music. I remember John singing a song called Come Go With Me. He'd heard it on the radio. He didn't really know the verses, but he knew the chorus. The rest he just made up himself.
I just thought, 'Well, he looks good, he's singing well and he seems like a great lead singer to me.' Of course, he had his glasses off, so he really looked suave. I remember John was good. He was really the only outstanding member, all the rest kind of slipped away.
Paul McCartney, 1995
Record Collector
Taken from the BeatlesBible

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm a huge fan! It's such a pleasure to learn some more about The Beatles.