Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Please watch this video, especially the second half, which deals with the problems of self-esteem and internet addiction. Getting texts, tweets and notifications (or "likes") release dopamine in the brain, which is the same effect that happens with alcohol, drugs or gambling. In other words, it is addicting.
This is why my classroom is going to be a "cell phone free zone"

Professor Holbrook

  




Published on Oct 29, 2016
Excerpt of Simon Sinek from an episode of Inside Quest.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ive heard many of these bands explained in other speeches and videos, but its interesting to see how they truly affect us. Charging my phone in my living room, and detaching from my phone when with friends is something I will begin doing as of today.

Nicholas Gonzalez
PID:5696135

Danielle Shields said...

GREAT VIDEO!

Unknown said...

Our society, but mainly the parents are spoiling the future generations.

Yannira Ibarra said...

I beleive in today's ways of society we as citizens of America are spoiled, and we do use our phones a lot and as the generations continue i fear it will only get worse.

Unknown said...

It's funny to me because I feel my generation in our childhood were all about being outdoors and engaging in play. But, we were able to see the switch to preferring technology or actual communication in a first hand kind of way. It's to say we were a part of that switch, and if we continue on the same pattern we will only see the generations become more attached at a younger age to technology.

... I also just realized how long this comment was... I regret nothing.

Unknown said...

I really want to set aside my phone aside but I do get that addicted feeling sometimes. This information will play a key role this summer and next semester. I will try to out my phone aside as much as possible. I will also share this information with others.
Enza